For more than 110 years, Rotary members have been addressing challenges around the world.
Grassroots at the core, Rotary links 1.2 million members to form an organization of international scope. It started with the vision of one man: Paul Harris. The Chicago attorney formed the Rotary Club of Chicago on 23 February 1905 so professionals with diverse backgrounds could exchange ideas, form meaningful, lifelong friendships, and give back to their communities.
Rotary’s name came from the group’s early practice of rotating meetings among the offices of its members.
The Princeton Rotary Club was officially instituted on April 30, 1920. The Princeton Club was sponsored by the Kewanee Club after their recognition of the need and place for an organization in Princeton based on the objectives of Rotary. The initial 25 Princeton Club members desire, inspiration and determination to encourage and foster the ideal service among the members and community will continue for generations to come.